Universal Music Group – Senior Manager, CRM (US)
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world leader in music. In everything we do, we focus on art, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a wide range of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in over 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we lead:
UMe is looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Manager, Audience Growth (CRM) to design, create and manage effective omnichannel campaigns for UMG’s catalog artist roster and their execution-focused music fans. email and SMS campaigns. You will be highly organized, detail-oriented and good at prioritizing what needs to be done now, while managing long-term strategic initiatives. You will work cross-functionally to help solve complex and exciting challenges by leveraging data to develop audience-specific strategies and programs across owned channels (email, SMS, web). By focusing on connecting music fans with the right message, at the right time, you’ll turn information into a strategic position that helps achieve artist and label business goals.
You have experience with segmentation and testing frameworks and will rely on data to glean insights to make decisions. You are both creative and data-driven, obsessed with customization, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you have the will to adapt and are committed to getting things done.
How you will CREATE:
- Develop and execute email and SMS campaigns
- Develop audience growth tactics focused on data acquisition to drive fan engagement, retention, and long-term value
- Develop, plan and optimize CRM campaigns through rigorous, hypothesis-based A/B testing to achieve business goals
- From concept to post-campaign analysis – leverage marketing automation tools to develop transactional, promotional and ongoing content strategies to optimize the fan lifecycle
- Work in tandem with cross-functional teams including marketing/audience growth, label departments and central teams
- Work with internal teams to enable smart CRM strategies to grow an artist’s brand and voice
- Communicate and work with artist managers and estates to refine CRM strategies
- Drive segmentation, targeting, personalization and relevance tactics to improve engagement and conversion across proprietary marketing channels (email – batch, trigger, journey, push, social and SMS) and support the multi-channel orchestration
- Serve as an analytics lead by formalizing testing best practices across various channels and providing thought leadership around fan-centric insights that go beyond the “what” and tap into the “why” and “the so what “
- Contribute to meaningful reporting and analysis; translate analytical results into clear, easily understandable and actionable insights and optimizations that support a sound business strategy
- Be the team’s subject matter expert on customer data and applicable privacy regulations
- Work with Legal/Compliance on contest rules and terms and conditions
- Have an apprenticeship program; continuously test, learn and iterate on our lifecycle strategy and identify the best performing content and messaging across audiences and fan stages
- Be an authority on copy and design, leveraging data to drive fan engagement, loyalty and lifetime value
Bring your VIBE:
- 3+ years of CRM experience with a focus on email and SMS, including full ownership from strategy to execution
- Data-driven individual with the ability to dig into large datasets to interpret results, analyze trends, recognize anomalies, and build test plans based on the data
- Exceptional attention to detail and hands-on experience overseeing the strategy and execution of advanced email and CRM campaigns
- Experience managing consumer-facing email and mobile phone programs, including setting up and using email/marketing automation platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ease in communicating across teams and at different levels within a large organization
- Must have a positive attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured environment on complex projects
- Expertise in customer segmentation and strong understanding of test design, measurement and analysis
- Adept at strategic thinking and analysis with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills and ability to mine data for insights and action
- High impact leadership skills including setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive compensation including salary, benefits and generous 401k savings plan
- Paid holidays – Paid holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee development support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees must currently be fully vaccinated and vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering company offices, unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only outlines job responsibilities that are subject to change.