The full list of 54 Chinese apps banned by the Indian government
The Indian government today banned 54 Chinese-originated apps that are believed to pose a threat to India’s national security.
According to the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, it had received a request from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to block these 54 apps under the emergency provision of section 69 (A) of the Computer Law.
The Chinese apps that were banned today are the rebranded versions of the apps already banned in 2020 by the Indian government. These apps are owned by Chinese tech giants like Tencent, Alibaba, and NetEase.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology said in a statement, “These 54 apps allegedly obtain various critical permissions and collect sensitive user data. This collected real-time data is misused and transmitted to servers located in a hostile country.
The list of 54 blocked Chinese apps:
1. Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD
2. Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera
3. Equalizer – Bass Booster & Volume Equalizer & Virtualizer
4. Music Player – Music.Mp3 Player
5. Equalizer & Bass Booster – Music Volume Equalizer
6. Music Plus – MP3 Player
7. Equalizer Pro – Volume Booster & Bass Booster
8. All format media video player
9. Music Player – Equalizer and MP3
10. Volume Amplifier – Speaker & Sound Amplifier
11. Music Player – MP3 Player
12.CamCard for SalesForce Ent
13. Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite
14. Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
I5. APUS Security HD (Pad Version)
16. Support for Parallel Space Lite 32
17. Viva Video Editor – Snack Video Maker with Music
18. Beautiful Baidu Video
19. Tencent X River
20. Onmyoji Chess
21. Onmyoji Arena
23. Dual Space Lite – Multiple Accounts and Clone App
24. Dual Space Pro – Multiple Accounts and App Cloner
25. DualSpace Lite – 32-bit support
26. Double space – 32 bit support
27. Double space – 64 bit support
28. Dual Space Pro – 32-bit support
29. Conquer Online – MMORPG Game
30. Conquer It Online
31. Live Weather & Radar – Alerts
32. Notes – Color Notepad, Notebook
33. MP3 Cutter – Ringtone Maker & Audio Cutter
34. Voice recorder and voice changer
35. Barcode Scanner – QR Code Scan
36. Lica Cam – selfie camera app
37. Echoes of EVE
39. UU Game Booster Network Solution for High Ping
42. Stick Fight: The Mobile Game
43. Twilight Pioneers
44. CuteU: match with the world
45. Small World – Enjoy Group Chat and Video Chat
46. CuteU Pro
47. FancvU – Video chat and dating
48. Real: Go live. To make friends
49. MoonChat: enjoy video chats
50. Real Lite -video to live!
51. Wink: Connect Now
52. FunChat Meet people around you
53. FancyU pro – Instant Meetup via video chat!
54. Garena Free Fire – Light up
In June 2020, the first round of app bans were announced by the government, after 20 Indian soldiers were killed by Chinese troops during a clash in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh. Following this, Indian had banned 59 apps under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act. These included social media giants like TikTok and WeChat.
Since the border tensions in Indochina since May 2020, India has banned a total of 321 Chinese apps.
Hero and background image: Courtesy of Shutterstock