Stones Throw – Marketing, Digital and Streaming Director (US)
TITLE: Marketing, Digital and Streaming Director
COMPANY: Stones Throw Records
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
CLOSING DATE: June 10
Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Marketing, Digital and Streaming Director. This role is based in our Los Angeles office. The position will lead the label’s direct relationships with DSPs, oversee the execution of digital and streaming marketing strategies tailored to individual artist campaigns, and update the team on the latest streaming and digital developments. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of music marketing experience with a focus on the digital and streaming ecosystem. Knowledge of our artists’ voice, philosophy, fan base and music is essential. This position reports to the General Manager.
For consideration, please send a CV along with a cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT STONE LAUNCHING
Stones Throw Records is an independent label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, Touchstone’s latest releases include albums from Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc. The current list includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Lead the development and execution of creative and compelling digital marketing campaigns for new releases, key catalog titles and other label initiatives.
- Identify and pitch new opportunities for artists in DSPs and with other digital partners and help coordinate pitches and strategies to pursue those opportunities.
- Oversee the implementation of creative marketing strategies by project managers and optimize department processes, including the execution of campaigns on all social platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with DSPs such as Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Amazon, Deezer, Tidal, Soundcloud, etc. Plus, help our artists and staff understand the current streaming and digital landscape.
- Oversee digital advertising planning to grow our audiences and promote our campaigns.
- Develop and maintain analytics measurement systems to optimize ROI
- Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns to share with internal teams and artist management
- Develop and maintain contacts in creative departments (e.g. video directors, animators, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) and oversee the creation of creative content, including music videos, online campaigns and other assets promotional marketing.
- Analyze streaming data and advise on strategy and opportunities.
- Monitor SEO and metrics
- Oversee the implementation of best practices
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion and other third party partners.
- Analyze and quantify the success and effectiveness of digital advertising, social engagement, conversion and partnerships
Skill & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a record label or equivalent, with a focus on digital marketing and streaming
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, multi-task and prioritize
- Strong relationships with DSPs, in the US and internationally
- In-depth knowledge of analytical tools available on social platforms and ability to clearly communicate insights from available data
- Contacts in the field of creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
- Education: College degree required
- Paid and Premium Health Insurance Plan
- 401,000 matches
- Paid holidays including end of year closing from 24 Dec. to Jan 1.
- Paid vacation
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a work environment where no one is treated less favorably because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, their religion, beliefs or age.